Ultra-Stick Shotcrete dry is a pre-blended, accelerated dry shotcrete containing carefully selected components. Ultra-Stick Shotcrete has greatly enhanced shooting characteristics and physical properties.
In the dry process, Ultra-Stick Shotcrete is pneumatically conveyed dry or predampened through an Aliva dry machine or a Thiessen Team Predampener and water is added at the nozzle. The shotcrete impacts the surface at high velocity resulting in a well compacted, high quality shotcrete with excellent bond. Some common uses include:
- Slope stabilization
- Initial and secondary tunnel support
- Structural linings
- Concrete rehabilitation
Ultra-Stick Shotcrete Dry may be used in combination with steel fiber or poly fiber reinforcement (in super sacks only) to enhance load carrying capacity and with non-caustic shotcrete accelerators to provide high strengths and fast set times. It can be blended to meet ACI 506 gradation #1 or #2.
Stickiness: Bagged Ultra-Stick Shotcrete has vastly improved cohesion characteristics compared to conventional shotcrete. This stickiness saves time and money because:
- Sagging and sloughing are eliminated
- Thick layers can be applied in a single pass in both the vertical and overhead orientations. This increase shooting efficiency. Passing over work two or three times to achieve a certain thickness is no longer required
- Bagged product has the admixtures including fiber already in the mix.
- Ultra-Stick Dry Application requires lower equipment start-up costs.
|Technical Data||Test Method||MPa||PSI|
|First Crack Flexural Strength||ASTM 1018||6.8||986|
|Boiled Absorption||ASTM C842||5%|
|Volume of Permeable Voids||ASTM C842||14%|
|Toughness (10lbs.GSF/yd3)||ASTM 1018||1 - 5 4.2|
|1 - 10 5.6|
|Set Times||ASTM C403||Initial set 10 Minutes
|(3% accelerator)||Final set 15 minutes|
|Freeze / Thaw Resistance||ASTM C555
|Rebound||Consultant's Test||Vertical 12%