Contracting Services - Project Portfolio
Ventilation raises take a typical robotic application of two to four inches of Thiessen Team Structural Poly Fiber shotcrete depending on ground conditions. Occasionally specialty mixes are used to control water or extreme ground conditions.
- Barrick, Meikle - 12'x 860' ventilation raise to surface.
- Newmont, Midas - 12'x 580' and 12'x 1500' ventilation raise to surface (Extreme Ground Conditions).
- Stillwater Mining, Nye & East Boulder - Multiple raises ranging from 6' to 10' diameter and 150' to 900' depth under varying ground conditions. Many unique applications utilized on these projects.
- Chevron, Quest - 6'x 80' Vent raise.
- Rio Tinto, Greens Creek - Multiple surface ventilation raises 8'x 375'
Stope Access & Escape-Ways
Stope access/escape-ways take a typical robotic application of four to six inches of Thiessen Team Structural Poly Fiber shotcrete. We also design, supply and install ladders and landings for access.
- Stillwater Mining, Nye & East Boulder - Multiple 6' diameter 150' to 350' depth. Shotcrete, Ladders installed.
- Newmont, Midas - 7'x 200' Shotcrete, ladder and landings installed.
- Coeur, Kensington Mine - Rehab 520' escapeway, shotcrete via hand nozzle, installed new ladder over full length of escapeway.
Ore and Waste Passes
Shotcrete is applied to Ore and Waste passes using a variety of Thiessen Team products and liners to maximize support and resistance to abrasion and impact. For example Thiessen Team structural Steel Fibre is an excellent abrasion resistant product that has been used in a number of applications.
- Stillwater, Nye & East Boulder - Multiple raises 6' to 10' diameter 150' to 900' depth. Rehab/preventive shotcreting with various products and applications to best fit the requirements.
- Barrick, Meikle/Rodeo - Multiple raises predominately rehab shotcreting raises that are failing due to poor ground conditions. There are many unique applications in place.
- Phelps Dodge, Henderson - Preventive shotcreting and rehabilitation of multiple ore passes 7' x 80'.
- Chevron, Questa - Multiple ore passes preventive shotcreting 6'x 50'.
Aggregate & Sand Silo's
Aggregate/Sand Silo's are typically sprayed with Thiessen Team Structural Poly Fiber shotcrete to prevent contamination and plugging of discharge by spalling rock.
- Stillwater Mining, Nye & East Boulder - 10'x 150'.
- Barrick, Meikle - Backfill aggregate silo 12'x 120'.
General Shotcrete Application
The typical application for General Shotcreting is using Thiessen Team Structural Poly Fiber shotcrete at required strength specification and thickness to meet the need of the customer for ground support and stabilization.
- Rockwell Petroleum, Greybull - Decline drift rehabilitation.
- Stillwater Mining, East Boulder - Footwall and ramp rehabilitation.
- Railroad Tunnel Rehabilitation, Elko, NV
Shotcrete is generally applied to stabilize slopes.
- Stillwater Mining - Remote with camera on drift break-out.
- Barrick Goldstrike, Willow creek Dam.
- Barrick, Ruby Hill - High wall rehabilitation.
Void & Cavity Fill
Void/Cavity fills demand the use of specially blended Thiessen Team Grout and Cellular Concrete Solution to get a cellular grout with up to a 4:1 expansion. Application is specifically tailored with multiple variables to meet the customer's specifications.
- Barrick, Rodeo -Void fill around raisebore reamer due to raise failing because of ground conditions.
- Barrick, Meikle - Bulkhead fill Squeezing crosscut.
- Newmont, Midas - Bulkhead fill below portal access cave-in.
- Newmont, Midas -Void in stope backfill.
- Newmont, Midas -stope fill and undercut.
- Great Basin Gold, Hollister -Stope fill for cut and fill.